Board of Directors
A Greeting from the President of the EOAN
Thank you for supporting the Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network (EOAN).
The EOAN program in 2020 has been greatly disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic: the Tour Agri-Art Tour 2020 scheduled for PR, SDG, Cornwall and Ottawa was cancelled as well as farm visits, in-person meetings, local food feasts, and social gatherings.
To facilitate e-commerce during the pandemic, the EOAN launched the Virtual Farmers Market, but it was closed in July for various reasons.
The Eastern Ontario Garlic Market in Cornwall was the only public event in 2020 produced by the EOAN in partnership with Kozroots.
At the end of 2020, the EOAN officially extended its services to include Prescott-Russell, Stormont-Dundas-Glengarry, Cornwall, and Akwesasne. As a result, the board of directors undertook a complete restructuring of the organization in order to better serve you throughout our catchment area. EOAN now has an Executive Director - Tom Manley.
For the coming year, the EOAN will engage in effective collective marketing and promotion programs for local farmers and food artisans and actively explore different approaches to collective online marketing.
Michel Villeneuve, President of the EOAN
The Officers of the Corporation
- President - Michel Villeneuve, Les Vergers Villeneuve and Blueberry Farm, St.-Pascal Baylon ON, 613-488-3077.
- Vice-President - Robert Poirier, Les fruits du poirier, St-Eugène ON.
- Treasurer - Christine Bonneau-O’Neill, L'Orignal Packing Ltd, L'Orignal ON, 613-324-2821.
- Secretary and Executive Director (non voting) - Tom Manley, Tom's Pantry, Berwick ON, 613-361-2056.
- The United Counties of Prescott-Russell - Stéphane Sarrazin, Mayor of Alfred-Plantagenet.
- The United Counties of Stormont-Dundas-Glengarry - Carma Williams, Warden of Stormont-Dundas-Glengarry.
- The City of Cornwall - Eric Bergeron, Councillor.
- The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, Chief Dwayne Thomas.