Local Food Discovery Booklet
The Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network presents the Local Food Discovery booklet. The booklet invites new and returning consumers to local food vendors and farmers' markets.
In October 2020, the National Post reported on the survey of Canadians that 25 per cent of folks actively seek out local food while grocery shopping and almost 80 percent are willing to pay more for locally produced food. At the same time, the Western Producer suggested that locally-produced foods could make a much bigger impact in Canada’s local urban markets if they were easy to find and buy
The Discovery booklet consists of more than $240 of special offers and discounts from 20 participating farmers and food vendors. There are currently 2,000 booklets in circulation. Each vendor has 12 opportunities to check/stamp/initial a deal so that customers may visit them several times.
Consumers can obtain the booklet by visiting any of the vendors, making an initial purchase, and then applying the booklet to future purchases from all the vendors. Vendors can be reached at their place of business or at their stall at selected farmers' markets.
In the booklet edition of November 2021, the participating vendors are:
Farmers and food & beverage producers:
- Grow your business and reach customers by listing your business and your incentive in the Discovery booklet.
- Think about the slower fall and winter season when you need to bring customers back to your business.
- Determine a discount, deal, or special incentive to attract customers to your business.
- For information purposes only, the listing fee in the current edition was $100 for members of the EOAN, or $125 for non-members. Listing fees may change in the next editions.
- Complete this registration form to be contacted for the next edition of the Discovery booklet. The schedule for the next edition is flexible to respond to the demand for the booklet.
Professionals, businesses, and associations are invited to purchase the booklets in bulk and gift them to customers and employees as a token of appreciation. For example, the Cornwall & Area Chamber of Commerce ordered 1,000 booklets to promote their "Shop Local" campaign across Cornwall and SDG.
Purchase the booklets at:
- $10 each for 10 booklets, or
- $3 each for 50 booklets or more.
For more information, to purchase booklets, or to discuss your idea, please contact the EOAN Member Services and Communications Officer, Ms Carla Colonna, email@example.com.