English - Summer Student
Summer Student Position
Customer Service Clerk
The Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network (EOAN) is a non-profit organization dedicated to coordinating the development of the agri-food sector in Eastern Ontario and fostering dialogue and cooperation between its members and partners.
The Customer Service Clerk will work with the EOAN coordinator toward the completion of various projects in service of the local food sector in the counties of Prescott-Russell and S,D&G. Tasks will include data entry, member outreach, community outreach, social media campaign management and general administrative duties.
Prescott-Russell, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry. This is a work-from-home opportunity. The successful candidate will have access to a computer and internet service for the purpose of completing various tasks.
Description of Tasks
- General data entry
- Collect and input data from various sources into organized spreadsheets.
- Create documents for distribution to members.
- Organize internal documentation
- Community outreach (social media, newsletter, email)
- Manage social media outreach to the public
- Prepare content for regular newsletters
- Prepare and conduct surveys for data collection
- Website content
- Assist in generating content for our web platform
- Promote website
- Monitor traffic
- College or University level student in one of the following areas: event planning and hospitality, food and nutritional sciences, public administration, project management, communications and marketing and/or another related field
- Motivated, passionate, confident, and able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, with exceptional time-management skills
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) Mailchimp, Google Drive, Excel and Word.
- Marketing and project management experience is an asset
- The ability to speak and write in French and English is a requirement.
In compliance with the funding eligibility requirements, applicants must also:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulation
30 hours per week for 9 weeks at $14.00 an hour. The successful applicant must be available to start immediately until August 7, 2020.
How to Apply
Email your C.V. with a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until June 11th, 2020.
Only applicants to be considered for this position will be contacted.