The Mission of the EOAN
The Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to coordinating the development of the local agri-food sector in Eastern Ontario and fostering dialogue between its members and partners.
The EOAN operates in Prescott-Russell, Stormont Dundas & Glengarry, Cornwall, and the Ontario portion of Akwesasne.
There are two sides to the agri-food coin, the economic side where money flows locally between producers, processors and consumers for our collective economic prosperity, and the social side where the agri-food sector plays a role in food literacy, food security, personal nutrition and health, and social cohesion.
Our pillars and objectives are:
- Marketing: increase the production, marketing, and consumption of local food products.
- Capacity building and member services: provide support, training, and tools to local agri-food producers, businesses, and operations; connect food producers, the local food value chain, and agri-food stakeholders for collective action and problem solving.
- Advocacy: understand the needs and represent the broad agri-food sector in the region on matters of public policy, regulatory affairs, sector development.
- Food security: contribute to the collective economic prosperity and social wellbeing in our region with the EOAN's focus on food security and food sovereignty.
- Internal Operations: implement processes and tools for the effective and efficient operation and governance of the organization along with regulatory compliance and accountability to funders and stakeholders.