The Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to coordinating the development of the local agri-food sector in Eastern Ontario and fostering dialogue between its members and partners.
The EOAN operates in Prescott-Russell, Stormont Dundas & Glengarry, Cornwall, and the Ontario portion of Akwesasne.
There are two sides to the local food coin, the economic side where money flows locally between producers, processors and consumers for our collective economic prosperity, and the social side where local food plays a role in food literacy, food security, personal nutrition and health, and social cohesion.
Our objectives are to:
- Provide support to local agri-food producers, businesses, and operations.
- Increase the production, marketing, and consumption of local food products.
- Contribute to the collective economic prosperity and social wellbeing in our region with the EOAN's focus on agri-food.
- Connect food producers, the local food value chain, and food stakeholders.
- Understand the needs and represent the broad agri-sector in the region on matters of public policy, regulatory affairs, sector development.