Video Reporting and Marketing
The EOAN launches its video reporting and marketing program.
When buying locally, consumers also want the story behind the food that connects the consumer with the producer, business, family, values, and production methods.
A video presentation tells the producer’s story to the consumer. Take a look at the EOAN's first video profile prepared by André Dumont about M. Quenneville Greenhouses in Plantagenet.
An image is worth a thousand words; a video, multiply that by another thousand. Video marketing increases engagement on your digital and social channels, educates your audience, and allows you to reach them with a new medium.
Consumers are bombarded with information, advertising, and purchase options. Even Facebook posts reach more people and garner more responses when there is a captivating photo or video with a short, attractive message. A high-quality brief video presentation can break through the communications noise and attract consumer attention.
A video presentation is very versatile. For one, the producer can use it as s/he wishes in online media, website, in-store, market stall, etc… As part of a group presentation, the EOAN will push the videos through its newsletters, the general media, its website, the new Eastern Ontario local food brand, social media, and public exhibits. Thirdly, the EOAN’s partners will push the videos through their channels (municipalities, regional tourism offices, chambers of commerce, affiliated organizations, and local media partners).
Here is how the EOAN's video marketing program works:
- Open to food and beverage producers (farms and non-farm producers).
- Open to members of the EOAN (become a member here) in the region of PR, SDG, Cornwall, and Akwesasne (Ontario), or in a region immediately bordering the core region.
- Typically, a marketing video could cost in the thousands of dollars. In the EOAN program, the production cost is $800 per video and is split two ways: $400 (plus HST) paid by the producer and $400 paid by the EOAN.
- Each video is used and shared by the producer, the EOAN, and the EOAN partners.
- The program budget is for eight videos. Participation is by request and is not guaranteed. Applications will be reviewed by considering the producer's story and the diversity of the participants by region, product, business type, language, demographic factors, etc...
- Beyond the eight applications that are selected, other applicants are welcome to participate by paying the full cost of $800 plus HST. If more funding becomes available in the future, we hope to pursue the cost sharing and the production of more videos.
- The videos will be bilingual, with the producers speaking in English or French or both alternately, and with subtitles in the other language.
- We need your application by May 31st and the videos will be produced in by Sept 2022. The goal is to have new videos coming out all summer, so we should produce stories that have something to show early in the season, in mid-summer, and in September.
- The video duration will be about 3 minutes.
To participate in the EOAN video marketing program, write to Kohl. Please provide:
- your contact information,
- your business location,
- a link to your website and your Facebook page,
- a description of the story and products that you want to present,
- a suggested timing to record at your location depending on what is in season or what activities are most relevant, and
- your ability in French and English, either by you or someone on your staff.
Do you already have a video of your business? That is great! If it meets our quality standards, then you are welcome to submit your video to be included in our promotions with all the other videos. For example, Split Rock Farms Alpacas in Apple Hill produced its own video and would like to see it included in the EOAN video marketing program.